Prawns with smoky champignon cream sauce
Smoky whiskey, fresh champignons and prawns, splash of heavy cream - and I give you heaven on a plate!
- finely dice the peeled carrot, slice the champignons to thick slices (0.5 cm)
- melt butter in a heavy skillet
- sautee the diced carrot for 2-3 minutes
- add the champignon slices and sautee for 4-5 minutes
- pour in the heavy cream and bring to boil
- pour in the whiskey, bring to boil, then reduce the fire to medium and cook until the sauce thickens, 7-8 minutes or so
- add the prawns, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until all prawns change color to pink-red.
- serve at once, as it is or on a pasta (it'll make a fantastic pasta sauce).